The Sixth Forum of the World Association for Political Economy
May 27-29, 2011, at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA
Co-sponsored by the Union for Radical Political Economics
Topics for the Sixth WAPE Forum
1. Class analysis of the responses to the financial and economic crisis.
2. Is neoliberalism on the way out or will it survive the economic crisis? What might replace it?
3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the revived Keynesian economics?
4. What problems are posed by the rising national debt in many countries?
5. The prospects for major institutional and regulatory reform in the global economy and in various countries.
6. Class analysis of the growth of right-wing movements in response to the economic crisis.
7. Lessons from the history of past capitalist crises for the current situation.
8. The problems of, and opportunities for, building socialism in the midst of capitalist crisis.
9. Can the euro survive the current economic crisis?
10. The danger that tensions among states due to the economic crisis may lead to serious conflict.
Proposals for both individual papers and complete sessions are welcome.
Please send your application, including curriculum vitae and a paper abstract of 500 words (in Chinese or English), to Professor Xiaoqin Ding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: January 15, 2011 (!!! The deadline for submitting application is flexible for FAPE -AFEP- members)
Applicants will be notified about acceptance of their paper by February 15, 2011.
Papers (in Chinese or English), of up to 6,000 words, will be due by March 31, 2011.
Conference papers can be submitted for consideration for a special issue of the Review of Radical Political Economics of papers presented at this forum.
Official Languages of the Forum: Chinese and English